PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA – July 15, 2022 – Live Audio Streaming and Archive Link Updated
PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
CALIFORNIA NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE COMMISSION
Office Phone (916) 373-3710
Location: East End Complex Common
1500 Capitol Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95814
Friday, July 15, 2022
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Agenda items may be taken out of order.
Notices and Agendas for Native American Heritage Commission Meetings and Public Hearings may be found at http://www.nahc.ca.gov.
All meeting materials will be provided at the meeting, NAHC Website – http://www.nahc.ca.gov or written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confidential materials are exempt.
Live audio streaming and archived audio of this Commission Meeting may be heard at https://videobookcase.org/nahc/2022-07-15/
9:00 am CALL TO ORDER – NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE COMMISSION
- Roll Call
- Introduction of Commissioners, Staff, and Attorney General’s Representative
- Traditional Opening, Daniel Fonseca, Cultural Resources Director, Shingle Springs Band of Miwok Indians
- Approval of Minutes
- April 29, 2022
- April 29, 2022 – Closed Session
- NAHC Commissioners’ Discussion and Proposed Response to University of California, Berkeley, May 16 Letter to Chairperson Miranda and NAHC Commissioners, Laura Miranda, Chairwoman
- CalNAGPRA Statutory Mediation Process, John Appelbaum, Deputy Attorney General
- Adopt Proposed Cover Letter, CalNAGPRA Statutory Mediation Process, Raymond C Hitchcock, Executive Secretary
11:30 am – 12:30 pm – LUNCH BREAK
- CalNAGPRA Draft Dispute Resolution / Mediation Process Regulations, 60-day Tribal Consultation Period, Mediation Regulations Sub-Committee, (Commissioners Dutschke and Pagaling), Justin Freeborn, NAHC Attorney
- UC Repatriation Committees Nominations – UC Nominations Subcommittee (Commissioners Rodriguez and Pagaling), Raymond C. Hitchcock, Executive Secretary, John Appelbaum, Deputy Attorney General
- Consider Nomination of Lauren Peters to UC Systemwide Repatriation Committee (UC Davis, Non-Voting position)
- Consider Nomination of Vincent Gomez to UCSB Campus Repatriation Committee
- Systemwide Repatriation Committee Non-Voting Vacancies
- UC Davis (Pending Nomination and UC Confirmation)
- UC Berkeley
- UC Riverside
- UC Santa Barbara
- Campus Repatriation Committee Vacancies
- UC Davis
- UC Santa Barbara (Pending Nomination and UC Confirmation)
- NAHC Four Year Strategic Plan – 2023-2027. Raymond C. Hitchcock, Executive Secretary
- Set Date, Time & Location for Public Discussion on NAHC Direction and Goals
- NAHC Quarterly Commission Meeting Dates – 22-23 FY
- October 21, 2022
- January 20, 2023
- April 21, 2023
- July 21, 2023
- Draft Contact List Regulations Update, Justin Freeborn, Enforcement Attorney
- Executive Secretary Report, Raymond C. Hitchcock, Executive Secretary
- Commissioner Reports
PUBLIC COMMENT – Public comment will be limited to 3 minutes for each speaker, unless otherwise determined by the Commission.
Please email any public comments to email@example.com by 4:00PM Thursday, July 14, 2022, to be read into the record. All submissions should include “Public Comment” in the subject line, your name, who you represent, and the subject you wish to address.
The public may comment on any item on the agenda before action is taken on the item.
4:00 pm ADJOURNMENT – At the end of Public Comment or 4:00 PM, whichever is first
*The Native American Heritage Commission complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need additional information or assistance, please contact the Commission at (916) 373-3710 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our website address is: www.nahc.ca.gov. Follow us on Twitter: @CA_NAHC