PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA – April 29, 2022
PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
CALIFORNIA NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE COMMISSION
Office Phone (916) 373-3710
Location: East End Complex Common
1500 Capitol Avenue
Sacramento, CA 95814
Friday, April 29, 2022
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Agenda items may be taken out of order.
Notices and agendas for Native American Heritage Commission meetings and public hearings may be found at http://www.nahc.ca.gov.
Confidential materials are exempt.
Live audio streaming and archived audio of this Commission meeting may be heard at https://videossc.com/NAHC/.
9:00 am CALL TO ORDER – NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE COMMISSION
- Roll Call
- Introduction of Commissioners, Executive Secretary, Staff, and Attorney General’s Representative
- Traditional Opening
CLOSED SESSION – Commissioners, Staff, and Attorney General’s Representative Only
- Pending Litigation/Litigation Exposure (Government Code sections 11126(e)(1), (e)(2)(B)(i).
- CalNAGPRA Mediation Process
- Contact and Most Likely Descendants Lists: Graton Rancheria and Pechanga Band’s Requests for Moratoria
- Weiss v Perez Case No. 5:22-cv-00641-BLF
1:00 pm ACTION
- Approval of Minutes
- July 30, 2021
- July 30, 2021 – Closed Session
- January 21, 2022
- January 21, 2022 – Closed Session
- Appointment of Stanley Rodriguez to NAHC UC Policy Subcommittee. John Appelbaum, Deputy Attorney General
- NAHC Strategic Plan Update, Laura Miranda, Chairperson
- Tribal Cultural Resources Law Project, Summary of Grant Deliverables, Christine Williams, UC Davis
- Executive Secretary Report, Raymond Hitchcock, Executive Secretary
- Commissioner Reports
PUBLIC COMMENT – Public comment will be limited to 5 minutes for each speaker, unless otherwise determined by the Commission.
Please email any public comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00PM Thursday, April 28, 2022, to be read into the record. All submissions should include “Public Comment” in the subject line. Please include your name, who you represent, the agenda item or concern you wish to address.
The public may comment on any item on the agenda before action is taken on the item.
4:00 pm ADJOURNMENT – At the end of Public Comment or 4:00 PM, whichever is first.
*The Native American Heritage Commission complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need additional information or assistance, please contact the Commission at (916) 373-3710 or via email at email@example.com. Our website address is: www.nahc.ca.gov. Follow us on Twitter: @CA_NAHC