PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA – November 5, 2021
PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
CALIFORNIA NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE COMMISSION
Office Phone (916) 373-3710
Friday, November 5, 2021
9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Agenda items may be taken out of order.
Notices and agendas for Native American Heritage Commission meetings and public hearings may be found at http://www.nahc.ca.gov.
Commissioners will participate remotely. The public may participate and provide public comment during the public comment periods by telephone or zoom, and otherwise observe remotely in accordance with Bagley-Keene Open Meetings Act per Executive Order No. 25-20:
“All requirements in both the Bagley-Keene Act and the Brown Act expressly or impliedly requiring the physical presence of members, the clerk or other personnel of the body, or of the public as a condition of participation in or quorum for a public meeting are hereby waived. In particular, (i) any otherwise-applicable requirements that state and local bodies notice each teleconference location from which a member will be participating in a public meeting.”
Live audio streaming and archived audio of this Commission meeting may be heard at http://www.cal-span.org
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
USA 214 765 0479 US Toll
USA 888 278 0296 US Toll-free
Conference code: 596019
9:00 am CALL TO ORDER – NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE COMMISSION
- Roll Call
- Introduction of Commissioners, Staff, and Attorney General’s Representative
- Traditional Opening
CLOSED SESSION – Commissioners, Staff, and Attorney General’s Representative Only
- Pending Litigation
(Government Code sections 11126(e)(1), (e)(2)(A), (e)(2)(C)(i))
Puvungna – Matter involving the sacred site located on California State University, Long Beach.
- Approval of Minutes
- July 30, 2021
- July 30, 2021 – Closed Session
- Puvungna Investigation Tribal Request, Justin Freeborn, Enforcement Attorney
- Consider Nominations to UC Systemwide NAGPRA Committee, Vanessa Racehorse, CalNAGPRA Attorney
- UC NAGPRA Committees Short-Term Substitution and Member Replacement Process, Vanessa Racehorse, CalNAGPRA Attorney
- CalNAGPRA Mediation Regulations, Vanessa Racehorse, CalNAGPRA Attorney
- San Jose State University Mishandling of Ca Indian Human Remains, Vanessa Racehorse, CalNAGPRA Attorney
- Update: Revised Executive Secretary Position, Strategic Plan and Budget
- Update: California Tribal Contact List Regulations, Justin Freeborn, Enforcement Attorney
- Commissioner Reports
PUBLIC COMMENT – Public comment will be limited to 5 minutes for each speaker, unless otherwise determined by the Commission.
Please email your public comments to email@example.com by 4:00PM Thursday, November 4, 2021. All submissions should include “Public Comment” in the subject line, your name, who you represent, and the subject you wish to address.
The public may comment on any item on the agenda before action is taken on the item.
1:00 pm ADJOURNMENT – At the end of Public Comment or 1:00 PM, whichever is first.
*The Native American Heritage Commission complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need additional information or assistance, please contact the Commission at (916) 373-3710 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our website address is: www.nahc.ca.gov. Follow us on Twitter: @CA_NAHC