PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA, April 16, 2021
PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
CALIFORNIA NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE COMMISSION
Office Phone (916) 373-3710
Friday, April 16, 2021
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Agenda items may be taken out of order.
Notices and agendas for Native American Heritage Commission meetings and public hearings may be found at https://nahc.ca.gov.
Commissioners will participate remotely. The public may participate and provide public comment during the public comment periods by telephone or zoom, and otherwise observe remotely in accordance with Bagley-Keene Open Meetings Act per Executive Order No. 25-20:
“All requirements in both the Bagley-Keene Act and the Brown Act expressly or impliedly requiring the physical presence of members, the clerk or other personnel of the body, or of the public as a condition of participation in or quorum for a public meeting are hereby waived. In particular, (i) any otherwise-applicable requirements that state and local bodies notice each teleconference location from which a member will be participating in a public meeting.”
Live audio streaming and archived audio of this Commission meeting may be heard at http://www.cal-span.org
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
USA 214 765 0479 US Toll
USA 888 278 0296 US Toll-free
Conference code: 596019
9:00 am CALL TO ORDER – NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE COMMISSION
- Roll Call
- Introduction of Commissioners, Staff, and Attorney General’s Representative
- Traditional Opening
CLOSED SESSION – Commissioners, Staff, and Attorney General’s Representative Only
- Pending Litigation
(Government Code sections 11126(e)(1), (e)(2)(A), (e)(2)(C)(i))
- Puvungna (Pending Quorum Requirements are met) – Matter involving the sacred site located on California State University, Long Beach.
- Approval of Minutes
- January 17, 2020
- January 17, 2020 – Closed Session
- April 17, 2020
- July 31, 2020
- July 31, 2020 – Closed Session
- August 11, 2020
- October 16, 2020
- February 24, 2021
- February 24, 2021 – Closed Session
- Update on UC Campus and Systemwide Repatriation Committees, Christina Snider, Executive Secretary
- Most Likely Descendant Regulations (possible action on make-up and scope of subcommittee), Laura Miranda, Chairperson
- Identification and scope of all subcommittees, Laura Miranda, Chairperson
- Commissioner and Attorney General conflicts of interest, Chairperson Laura Miranda and Executive Secretary Christina Snider
- 12:00 pm LUNCH BREAK
- 1:00pm MEETING RECONVENES
- CalNAGPRA Mediation Regulations, Merri Lopez-Keifer, Secretary and Reggie Pagaling, Vice Chairperson
- Puvungna Investigation Tribal Request, (Pending Quorum Requirements are met), Justin Freeborn, Enforcement Attorney
- State Capitol Annex Project, Laura Miranda, Chairperson
- Executive Secretary Report, Christina Snider, Executive Secretary
- Commissioner position vacancies
- Budget and strategic plan update
- Commissioner Reports
- UC Repatriation Policy Update, Deputy Attorney General John Appelbaum and Chairperson Laura Miranda
PUBLIC COMMENT – Public comment will be limited to 5 minutes for each speaker, unless otherwise determined by the Commission.
Please email your public comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00PM Thursday, April 15, 2021. All submissions should include “Public Comment” in the subject line, your name, who you represent, and the subject you wish to address.
The public may comment on any item on the agenda before action is taken on the item.
4:00 pm ADJOURNMENT – At the end of Public Comment or 4:00 PM, whichever is first.
*The Native American Heritage Commission complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need additional information or assistance, please contact the Commission at (916) 373-3710 or via email at email@example.com. Our website address is: www.nahc.ca.gov. Follow us on Twitter: @CA_NAHC