PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA, August 11, 2020
PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
CALIFORNIA NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE COMMISSION
Office Phone (916) 373-3710
Tuesday, August 11, 2020
9:00 am to 2:00 pm
Agenda items may be taken out of order.
Notices and agendas for Native American Heritage Commission meetings and public hearings may be found at http://www.nahc.ca.gov.
Commissioners will participate remotely. The public may participate and provide public comment during the public comment periods by telephone or zoom, and otherwise observe remotely in accordance with Bagley-Keene Open Meetings Act per Executive Order No. 25-20:
“All requirements in both the Bagley-Keene Act and the Brown Act expressly or impliedly requiring the physical presence of members, the clerk or other personnel of the body, or of the public as a condition of participation in or quorum for a public meeting are hereby waived. In particular, (i) any otherwise-applicable requirements that state and local bodies notice each teleconference location from which a member will be participating in a public meeting.”
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
USA 216 706 7075
USA 8663901828 (US Toll Free)
Conference code: 787909
9:00 am CALL TO ORDER – NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE COMMISSION
- Roll Call
- Introduction of Commissioners, Staff, and Attorney General’s Representative
- Traditional Opening
- NAHC Strategic Plan, Christina, Snider, Executive Secretary
- License Plate Campaign, Christina Snider, Executive Secretary
- TCP/Burro Flats Archeological District at Santa Susana Field Laboratory (SSFL) Letter of Support for State and/or National Register, Christina Snider, Executive Secretary
- Statue Removals on State Properties, Christina Snider, Executive Secretary
- Overview of AB 275, John Appelbaum, Deputy Attorney General
- 2020-2021 FY NAHC Commission Meeting Proposed Dates
- October 16, 2020
- January 15, 2021
- April 16, 2021
- July 16, 2021
- Executive Secretary Report, Christina Snider, Executive Secretary
- Update on the draft Most Likely Descendant regulations, John Appelbaum, Deputy Attorney General
- Commissioner Reports
PUBLIC COMMENT – Public comment will be limited to 5 minutes
Please email your public comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00PM Monday, August 10, 2020. All submissions should include “Public Comment” in the subject line, your name, who you represent, and the subject you wish to address.
The public may comment on any item on the agenda before action is taken on the item.
2:00 pm ADJOURNMENT – At the end of Public Comment or 2:00 PM, whichever is first.