PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA – Friday, April 19, 2019
PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
CALIFORNIA NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE COMMISSION
Office Phone (916) 373-3710
Location: The Ziggurat Building, Auditorium
707 3rd Street
West Sacramento, CA 95605
Friday, April 19, 2019
10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Agenda items may be taken out of order.
Notices and agendas for Native American Heritage Commission meetings and public hearings may be found at http://www.nahc.ca.gov.
Live video streaming and archived video of this Commission meeting may be viewed at http://www.cal-span.org
10:00 am CALL TO ORDER – NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE COMMISSION
- Roll Call
- Introduction of Commissioners, Staff, and Attorney General’s Representative
CLOSED SESSION – Commissioners, Staff, and Attorney General’s Representative Only
Pending Litigation (Government Code sections 11126(e)(1), (e)(2)(A), (e)(2)(C)(i))
- City of San Clemente v. Foothill/Eastern Transportation Corridor Agency, et al., Superior Court of California, County of Orange – Case No. 30-2017-00934703-CU-PT-CXC (Government Code sections 11126(e)(1), (e)(2)(A))
- The Reserve Maintenance Corporation v. Foothill Eastern Transportation, et al., Superior Court of California, County of Orange – Case No. 30-2017-00934717-CU-WM-CXC (Government Code sections 11126(e)(1), (e)(2)(A))
CALL TO ORDER – PUBLIC SESSION
- Traditional Opening
- Closed Session Report, Laura Miranda, Vice-Chairperson, Information Item
- Approval of Minutes, Laura Miranda, Vice-Chairperson, Action Item
- October 19, 2018
- October 19, 2018 – Closed Session
- CalNAGPRA Request (United Auburn Indian Community and University of California, Davis),
- Terrie L. Robinson, General Counsel, Information Item
- “Protect Native Culture” Plate Project Update, Samantha Cypret, Associate Governmental Program Analyst, Information Item
- UCLA/NAHC Tribal Cultural Resources Project, Terrie L. Robinson, General Counsel, Information Item
- AB 2836 Update, Christina Snider, Executive Secretary, Information Item
- Commissioners’ Report, Laura Miranda, Vice-Chairperson, Information Item
- Executive Secretary’s Report, Christina Snider, Executive Secretary, Information Item
- Digital Atlas of the California Indians Presentation, Dr. Jason MacCannell, Special Assistant to the Director at California State Parks, Information Item
- Palmdale Estates Project, Katherine Perez, MLD, Information Item
- Officer Election, Christina Snider, Executive Secretary, Action Item
PUBLIC COMMENT – Please submit a speaker card.
The public may comment on any item on the agenda before action is taken on the item.
1:00 pm ADJOURNMENT – At the end of Public Comment or 1:00 PM, whichever is first.
*The Native American Heritage Commission complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need additional information or assistance, please contact the Commission at (916) 373-3710 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our website address is: www.nahc.ca.gov. Follow us on Twitter: @CA_NAHC