Amended – Friday, January 15, 2016 – CA Native American Heritage Commission Meeting Notice and Agenda
PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
CALIFORNIA NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE COMMISSION
Location: Ziggurat Building Auditorium
707 3rd Street
West Sacramento, CA 95605
Friday, January 15, 2016
9:00 AM to 4:30 PM
Notices regarding Native American Heritage Commission meetings and agendas may be found at http://www.nahc.ca.gov
All times after Call to Order are approximate. Items may be taken out of order in the interest of time.
9:00 AM CALL TO ORDER – NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE COMMISSION
- Roll Call
- Introduction of Commissioners, Staff, and Attorney General’s representative
CLOSED SESSION – Commissioners, Staff, and Attorney General Only
Closed Session – Pending Litigation (Government Code sections 11126(e)(1), (e)(2)(C)(1))
- Sutter Butte Flood Control Agency, Government Code section 11126(e)(2)(C)(1)
- NAHC v. Inyo County, Government Code section 11126(e)(1)
- NAHC v. Foothill/Eastern Transportation Corridor Agency, Government Code section 11126(e)(1)
10:30 AM CALL TO ORDER – PUBLIC SESSION
- Traditional Opening
- Closed Session Report – Chairman Ramos
- Approval of Minutes – Chairman Ramos, Action Item
- Most Likely Descendants Regulations Update – Terrie Robinson, General Counsel, Information Item
- NAHC Consultation Policy – Cynthia Gomez, Executive Secretary, Information Item
- Proposed Native American Heritage Commission Support for National Monument of Santa Susana Field Laboratory – Sam Cohen, Santa Ynez Band of Chumash Indians, Action Item
11:30 PM LUNCH
12:30 PM NEW BUSINESS
- Commissioners’ Report, James Ramos, Chairperson, Information Item
- Executive Secretary’s Report, Cynthia Gomez, Executive Secretary, Information Item
- NAHC 2016 Meeting Dates, Cynthia Gomez, Executive Secretary, Information Item
- Cal NAGPRA Repatriation Oversight, Executive Secretary’s Report, Cynthia Gomez, Executive Secretary, Information Item – PowerPoint Presentation – CalNAGPRA Repatriation Oversight Duties and Implementation Schedule
PUBLIC COMMENT-– Each speaker will be allowed three minutes to speak. Please submit a speaker card.
The public may comment on any item on the agenda before action is taken on the item.
4:30 PM ADJOURNMENT
At the end of Public Comment or 4:30 PM, whichever is first.
*The Native American Heritage Commission complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need additional information or assistance, please contact the Commission at (916) 373-3710 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our website address is: www.nahc.ca.gov.
Follow us on Twitter: @CA_NAHC