SPECIAL PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA – December 9, 2022
SPECIAL PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
CALIFORNIA NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE COMMISSION
Office Phone (916) 373-3710
Friday, December 9, 2022
9:00 am to 1:00 pm
Commissioners will participate remotely. The public may participate and provide public comment during the public comment periods by telephone or zoom, and otherwise observe remotely in accordance with Bagley-Keene Open Meetings Act per Executive Order No. 25-20:
“All requirements in both the Bagley-Keene Act and the Brown Act expressly or impliedly requiring the physical presence of members, the clerk or other personnel of the body, or of the public as a condition of participation in or quorum for a public meeting are hereby waived. In particular, (i) any otherwise-applicable requirements that state and local bodies notice each teleconference location from which a member will be participating in a public meeting.”
All meeting materials will be provided at the meeting, NAHC Website – http://www.nahc.ca.gov or written request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Live audio streaming and archived audio of this Commission meeting may be heard at https://videobookcase.org/nahc/2022-12-09/.
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
USA 214 765 0479 US Toll
USA 888 278 0296 US Toll-free
Conference code: 596019
9:00 am CALL TO ORDER – NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE COMMISSION
- Roll Call
- Introduction of Commissioners, Staff, and Attorney General’s Representative
- Traditional Opening
- UC Repatriation Committees Nominations – (UC Nominations Subcommittee, Reggie Pagaling and Stanley Rodriguez, Raymond C. Hitchcock, Executive Secretary, Mario Pallari, NAHC Attorney)
- Testimony on UC Systemwide Outreach for Qualified Candidates from Lourdes Demattos, Director, UC Office of the President
- Consider Nomination of Lauren Peters to UC Systemwide Repatriation Committee, UC Davis, Non-Voting position, (Mario Pallari, NAHC Attorney)
- Testimony of Megon Noble, Repatriation Coordinator, UC Davis
- Consider Nomination of Prof. Seth Davis to UC Berkely Campus Repatriation Committee, (Mario Pallari, NAHC Attorney)
- Consider Nomination of William Clarke-Kidder to the UC Riverside Repatriation Committee, (Mario Pallari, NAHC Attorney)
- Consider Nomination of Gerald Clarke to UC Riverside Campus Repatriation Committee, (Mario Pallari, NAHC Attorney)
- Testimony from Steven Mandeville-Gamble, University Librarian, UC Riverside
a. Systemwide Repatriation Committee Non-Voting Vacancies, Update & Call for Committee Member Applicants, (Mario Pallari, NAHC Attorney)
- UC Davis (Pending Nomination and UC Confirmation)
- UC Berkeley
- UC Riverside
- UC Santa Barbara
b. Campus Repatriation Committee Vacancies, Update & Call for Committee Member Applicants, (Mario Pallari, NAHC Attorney)
- UC Berkeley (Pending Nomination and UC Confirmation)
- UC Riverside (2 Positions Pending Nomination and UC Confirmation)
- Approval of Meeting Minutes,
a. July 15, 2022, Open Session
3. Set Date for Strategic Plan Review and Update, (Raymond C Hitchcock, Executive Secretary, Laura Miranda, NAHC Chairwoman)
- Commissioner Announcements
- Update City of Corona WLF Lift Station No. 3
- Update California State Audit on Repatriation pursuant to Health & Safety Code §8028
PUBLIC COMMENT – Public comment will be limited to 3 minutes for each speaker, unless otherwise determined by the Commission.
Please email any public comments to email@example.com by 4:00PM Thursday, December 8, 2022, to be read into the record. All submissions should include “Public Comment” in the subject line, your name, who you represent, and the subject you wish to address.
The public may comment on any item on the agenda before action is taken on the item.
1:00 pm ADJOURNMENT – At the end of Public Comment or 1:00 PM, whichever is first.
*The Native American Heritage Commission complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need additional information or assistance, please contact the Commission at (916) 373-3710 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our website address is: www.nahc.ca.gov. Follow us on Twitter: @CA_NAHC