PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA – July 30, 2021
PUBLIC MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA
CALIFORNIA NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE COMMISSION
Office Phone (916) 373-3710
Friday, July 30, 2021
9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Agenda items may be taken out of order.
Notices and agendas for Native American Heritage Commission meetings and public hearings may be found at http://www.nahc.ca.gov.
Commissioners will participate remotely. The public may participate and provide public comment during the public comment periods by telephone or zoom, and otherwise observe remotely in accordance with Bagley-Keene Open Meetings Act per Executive Order No. 25-20:
“All requirements in both the Bagley-Keene Act and the Brown Act expressly or impliedly requiring the physical presence of members, the clerk or other personnel of the body, or of the public as a condition of participation in or quorum for a public meeting are hereby waived. In particular, (i) any otherwise-applicable requirements that state and local bodies notice each teleconference location from which a member will be participating in a public meeting.”
Live audio streaming and archived audio of this Commission meeting may be heard at http://videobookcase.com
Please click the link below to join the webinar:
USA 214 765 0479 US Toll
USA 888 278 0296 US Toll-free
Conference code: 596019
9:00 am CALL TO ORDER – NATIVE AMERICAN HERITAGE COMMISSION
- Roll Call
- Introduction of Commissioners, Staff, and Attorney General’s Representative
- Traditional Opening
CLOSED SESSION – Commissioners, Staff, and Attorney General’s Representative Only
- Pending Litigation
(Government Code sections 11126(e)(1), (e)(2)(A), (e)(2)(C)(i))
- California Cultural Resources Preservation Alliance, et al. vs. California State University – Matter involving Puvungna sacred site on California State University, Long Beach property.
- California Tribal Contact List — Pala Band of Mission Indians concerns regarding criteria for inclusion on the list maintained by Commission.
- NAHC Officer Elections
- Puvungna Investigation Tribal Request, Justin Freeborn, Enforcement Attorney
- California Tribal Contact List Regulations, Commissioner Atteberry and Commissioner Lopez-Keifer
- CalNAGPRA Mediation Regulations, Vanessa Racehorse, CalNAGPRA Attorney
- Revised Executive Secretary Position, Strategic Plan and Budget, Commissioner Pagaling and Chairperson Miranda
- 12:00pm LUNCH BREAK
1:00pm MEETING RECONVENES
- 12:00pm LUNCH BREAK
- Approval of Minutes
- January 17, 2020
- April 17, 2020
- July 31, 2020
- August 11, 2020
- October 16, 2020
- October 16, 2020 – Closed Session
- February 24, 2021
- April 16, 2021
- April 16, 2021 – Closed Session
- June 24, 2021
- 2021-2022 FY NAHC Commission Meeting Proposed Dates, Chairperson Miranda
- Friday, October 15, 2021
- Friday, January 21, 2022
- Friday, April 15, 2022
- Friday, July 15, 2022
- Update and presentation of deliverables from the contract between NAHC and UCLA School of Law, Lauren Van Schilfgaarde, Director, San Manuel Band of Mission Indians Tribal Legal Development Clinic, UCLA School of Law
- Commissioner Reports (per Bagley-Keene)
PUBLIC COMMENT – Public comment will be limited to 5 minutes for each speaker, unless otherwise determined by the Commission.
Please email your public comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4:00PM Thursday, July 29, 2021. All submissions should include “Public Comment” in the subject line, your name, who you represent, and the subject you wish to address.
The public may comment on any item on the agenda before action is taken on the item.
4:00 pm ADJOURNMENT – At the end of Public Comment or 4:00 PM, whichever is first.
*The Native American Heritage Commission complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you need additional information or assistance, please contact the Commission at (916) 373-3710 or via email at email@example.com. Our website address is: www.nahc.ca.gov. Follow us on Twitter: @CA_NAHC